Thanks for visiting Emusements!
At one time, I had lofty ambitions for this site (it’s a long story), but now what you will find here is simply my personal website — where I can share creative projects from my past (and future?) as well as posts on my various interests via my blog.
Please take a look around and contact me if you have any questions or comments.
Cats on FIRE appear on the ChooseFI Podcast
Dueling apocalypses: would you rather live in the dystopian chaos of The Walking Dead or under the totalitarian grip of The Handmaid’s Tale?
Find out what the Financial Independence movement has in common with Star Trek.
15 Random Facts About Me
- I am oddly cross-dominant (a.k.a. “mixed-handed”). I write, eat and play racket sports with my left hand. I do everything else (e.g. throw a ball, hold a bat, bowl) with my right hand. I am also right-footed.
- My favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz — and I played the Tin Man in a sixth grade class production of the musical, The Wiz.
- I am a founding member of SPOT, The Society of People Who Over Think.
- I once backpacked for three months through Europe and visited eight countries.
- I’m a huge Star Trek fan and once interviewed Leonard Nimoy by phone.
- I love the outdoors and hiking, but I hate camping.
- My friends and I once invented a fantasy TV rotisserie league where the scoring was based on the Nielsen ratings. For a few years, we offered it on the web for others to play.
- I favor Apple phones and tablets over Android phones, Android and Roku media streamers over Apple TV, and PCs and Windows computers over Macs.
- Despite being over six feet tall and coveted by the football coach in ninth grade, I played four years of varsity BADMINTON in high school.
- I experienced a movie studio regime change first hand while I was a temporary worker at TriStar Pictures (on the Sony Pictures lot).
- Maybe the most fun thing I ever created was “Little Red Purple” — an elaborately staged musical puppet show that I produced and performed with my brother, on a stage we built around an air hockey table. Sadly, the show is lost to history as it predated home video camcorders (let alone YouTube).
- My cat, Milo, is a blogger, and he’s a better writer than I am.
- I was an expert downhill skier by the time I was in middle school, but I have skied only once or twice since college.
- I grew up reading DC comics, but I much prefer the Marvel TV and movie universe.
- I am quite fond of a candy called “Crunchy Frog” — which is made of “the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose.”
(Note: I got the idea for creating this list after seeing a similar one by Nick Loper at Side Hustle Nation.)