What Is Emusements?
I am a creative writer (and former software engineer). Emusements is my personal blog and creative portfolio — a place where I can share my past and present creative projects and musings on my various interests.
For some background on the 20+ year history of Emusements.com, see my post, Welcome to the New Emusements.
Please take a look around and contact me if you have any questions or comments.
A Most Dangerous Star Wars Fan Production
15 Random Facts About Me
- I am oddly cross-dominant (a.k.a. “mixed-handed”). I write, eat and play racket sports with my left hand. I do everything else (e.g. throw a ball, hold a bat, bowl) with my right hand. I am also right-footed.
- My favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz — and I played the Tin Man in a sixth grade class production of the musical, The Wiz.
- I am a founding member of SPOT, The Society of People Who Over Think.
- I once backpacked for three months through Europe and visited eight countries.
- I’m a huge Star Trek fan and once interviewed Leonard Nimoy by phone.
- I love the outdoors and hiking, but I hate camping.
- My friends and I once invented a fantasy TV rotisserie league where the scoring was based on the Nielsen ratings. For a few years, we offered it on the web for others to play.
- I favor Apple phones and tablets over Android phones, Android and Roku media streamers over Apple TV, and PCs and Windows computers over Macs.
- Despite being over six feet tall and coveted by the football coach in ninth grade, I played four years of varsity BADMINTON in high school.
- I experienced a movie studio regime change first hand while I was a temporary worker at TriStar Pictures (on the Sony Pictures lot).
- Maybe the most fun thing I ever created was “Little Red Purple” — an elaborately staged musical puppet show that I produced and performed with my brother, on a stage we built around an air hockey table. Sadly, the show is lost to history as it predated home video camcorders (let alone YouTube).
- My cat, Milo, is a blogger, and he’s a better writer than I am.
- I was an expert downhill skier by the time I was in middle school, but I have skied only once or twice since college.
- I grew up reading DC comics, but I much prefer the Marvel TV and movie universe.
- I am quite fond of a candy called “Crunchy Frog” — which is made of “the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose.”
(Note: I got the idea for creating this list after seeing a similar one by Nick Loper at Side Hustle Nation.)